SLC through its managing partner Mr. EN Shikongo acting as lead legal counsel was appointed as part of a consultancy by the Government of the Republic of Namibia through its Ministry of Trade and Industry during the period 2004 – 2012 to oversee all legal aspects relating to:
- Conducting a study into the feasibility of converting the erstwhile Namibia Credit Guaranteed Trust into a banking institution.
- Providing legal counsel in relation to the aforementioned assignment.
- Advising and or making recommendations in relation to the feasibility of the aforementioned conversion and identifying the Small and Medium Enterprises Banking Institution as a suitable and feasible vehicle.
- Attending to the study of small and medium enterprises institutions in Malaysia, Kenya, Zimbabwe and making recommendations in relation to an appropriate structure and identifying suitable technical partners to partner with Government in relation to the proposed banking institution.
- Attendance to all pre incorporation and post incorporations contracts in relation to the SME Banking Institution including its registration and compliance with all Namibian Banking Institutions requirements.
- Negotiating and conclusion of Shareholders and Managerial agreements between the parties.
- Overseeing and handling the licensing process of the SME Banking Institution with Namibian Central Bank.