During or about 2009 SLC represented by its managing partner (E.N Shikongo) and supporting staff within the firm acting as lead legal counsel successfully executed an assignment on behalf of the Government acting through the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry involving:
- Identification of shortcoming within the current MEATCO legislation (Act no 21 of 1992) and in particular uncertainty pertaining to the issue of ownership.
- Undertaking a study relating to the restructuring of the Meat Company of Namibia including studies within neighboring jurisdictions including Botswana and South Africa.
- Attendance to recommendation of an appropriate business structure and model for revised and restructured Meat Company of Namibia.
- Attendance to a complete redraft and proposal of a new MEATCO Act and Regulations incorporating amendments in relation to the revised MEATCO structure.
- Conducting workshops and stakeholders briefing sessions in all the regions of the Republic of Namibia to gather stakeholder’s input in relation to the proposed new MEATCO structure the new and Act and its Regulations.
- Attendance to preparation of a report in relation to the findings and recommendations.
- Attendance to the drafting of the new MEATCO Act and Regulations, presentation and motivation of final version before the Cabinet Committee on Legislations and to government drafters and overseeing its acceptance by the Government.